Barcelona and Costa Bravo or Madrid

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24th, 2006, 07:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I are planning a 7 day trip to Spain in April. We are trying to decide if we should visit Barcelona and Madrid or Barcelona and the Costa Bravo. Any suggestions on where to stay and itinerary would be helpful. We would like to find a four star hotel under $200.00 a night.
Old Feb 24th, 2006, 08:14 PM

Maybe others know better, but I think you are going to have a hard time finding 4-star accommodations in Madrid or Barcelona for 200 dollars per night. (Maybe 200 euros? But even that seems skimpy.)

Early April might not be warm enough for the beaches.
Old Feb 25th, 2006, 08:20 AM

You can definitely find 4* accomodation for around $200 or about €150, you'll just have to look a little. If you're lucky you can have nice weather in April on the Costa Brava. I mean, it's quite likely that it's gonna be sunny, but temperatures can be from 15 to 25°C, but for me that would be too cold to go to the beach. There are beaches in the city of Barcelona (not as nice as on the Costa Brava itself, but then again, if it's not beach weather that could be enough).
Old Feb 25th, 2006, 01:31 PM

I wouldn't try to do both Madrid and Barcelona in 7 days. IMO Barcelona and Costa and Costa Brava would make more sense--save Madrid for another trip.

For good rates on hotels, check out Bancotel.com, petrabax.com, and solmelia.com.
Old Feb 26th, 2006, 03:41 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the information
Old Feb 26th, 2006, 10:13 AM

Combining Barcelona and the Costa Brava is not only possible, but a good idea for a nice vacation. I would leave Madrid for another time.

I have stayed in 4-stars for $150 in Barcelona (this past July, actually), so they are there, you just have to find the "ofertas" (deals).

I would recommend a few days in Barcelona, then maybe going up to Cadaqués and Figueres (both Dalí places. . . the latter having the museum, the former, his house). April is not really beach weather, or I would recommend hitting Sitges. If you want to head a little further south, Vilanova i la geltrú is a lovely little town on the coast that is lovely for walking around. It is also near Vilafranca del Penedès, where there are vineyards and you might be able to get in a tasting or two.

For more on Barcelona, e-mail me.