barcelona airport travel

Aug 3rd, 2008, 04:50 PM
Original Poster

barcelona airport travel

does anyone know the time and price of a taxi or bus from barcelona airport to segrada familia and/or airport to las ramblas. thank you
Aug 3rd, 2008, 06:43 PM

You could always take the train. The R10 line goes right to Passeig de Gracia, which is just a couple of blocks from the North end of La Rambla (you could also switch to the L3 line and get off at Catalunya, Liceu, or Drassanes, all of which are on La Rambla). For la Sagrada Familia, switch to the L2 line at Passeig de Gracia and go 3 stops. Riding the metro in Barcelona is €1.30 per ride (although the one from the airport is probably more). All of this information is available at http://www.tmb.net/en_US/home.jsp

To find a bus route on that website, click "I want to go..." and you can input your beginning and ending points (select "to a transport" for both). It will tell you your itinerary, including journey time.

The airport website also has good information. Go to http://www.aena.es/csee/Satellite?pa...Language=EN_GB and select "Barcelona" under "Choose an airport," then select "Accesses" and it will tell you your options.
Aug 3rd, 2008, 07:42 PM

So now you have an answer to a question you didn't ask!

I hope someone comes with a more precise answer, but the last time I took a taxi to a Barcelona airport hotel starting about a mile from La Sagrada Familia, it took about 25 minutes (at night) and the cost was about 25 euros --

however:

I believe taxi charges in Barcelona can tack on a surcharge for luggage

I may have been paying an after midnight rate

I know if you go to the airport there is a small extra fee, so perhaps there is a small extra fee when you are picked up at the airport as well.

All that said, I have often preferred to take a taxi when I have luggage, and in Barcelona have never found it to be extravagant. Once, when taking the airport train in Barcelona, I got stuck in a delay in a crowded, unairconditioned car that never got to the station I wanted, and ended up dumping quite a distance from my destination. Fortunately, I didn't have luggage.

Other times I have found the airport train fairly easy, provided I was not walking far on the other end with my luggage.

Aug 4th, 2008, 12:25 AM

Airport to Las Ramblas.

Las Ramblas is a long street. Perhaps you can tell us exactly which part of it you need to get to. Are you going to your hotel?

You can take a blue Airport shuttle bus that takes you to Plaça de Catalunya, in front of the Department store El Corte Inlges, from where "Las Ramblas" goes down to the port. Liceu that cody mentions is half the way on the way to the port. The bus ticket is about €3 or less. The bus stop is right out of the arrival building.

The bus is fine provided you are not going far from Plaça de Catalunya and your luggage is of "manageable" size.

The airport train station is like 3-5 minute walk. You have to cross a loong bridge passage way. I don't mind doing that with my usual small luggage. The train cost is slightly less than the bus (2 - 2,50?)

Taxi fare should be about €20 - 30.

Search this Thread