Barcelona Accomodations:Need Advice!

Sep 30th, 2008, 10:34 AM
Original Poster
Barcelona Accomodations:Need Advice!

Hi. Boyfriend and I will be arriving mid-late Feb 2009 into Barcelona.we will probably stay 3 days in Barcelona before moving on. should we book room now(ahead of time?) or looking for one @ arrival?looking for modest economical (non "bunk bed hostel" type) room. nothing fancy, just bed/bath. suggestions? dont know which way we'd get a better rate,btu also dont want to spend all day "hotel looking"!
Sep 30th, 2008, 03:56 PM
I do not think this is a busy time in Europe for travel but I would always want to pick a place in a city that is close to attractins, etc. Right now you have your pick of things and most hotels do not ask for any money now, just a credit card for making the reservation. So, why not make the reservation now and have peace of mind.
I would suggest you go to a web site called:
She has great advice on everything from accomodations to restuarants, etc.
If you just want to book a room, try sites like Venere, travelocity, expedia, etc. Google Barcelona hotels and you will get hundreds of sites to go to.
Start with the maribelsguides site first. I planned my entire trip from her site.
Sep 30th, 2008, 04:18 PM
I think some friends stayed in Barcelona at a nice, but reasonabale Best Western....on a quiet boulevard street. Easy to book in the U.S. at the BW website or by phone.
In FEb. you could probably just "arrive" and get a room,but why waste the time...when you can book ahead. A little research on google, fodors, frommers etc. should bring you something.
Sep 30th, 2008, 08:18 PM
We stayed at Hotel Arc La Rambla, it is listed as a 2 star but it has been renovated , it is very clean .staff very helpful ,it is to wards the bottom of Las Ramblas, I would think that the front rooms may be noisy on weekends, Venere has it listed for 70.Eu ,

Search this Thread