My wife and i are going to Barcelona next week for 6 days and have prepared a rough itinerary. We want to avoid tourist traps and want to focus more on spanish culture and Catalonian way of life. Also, since its going to be HOT, i dont intend to kill us with an optimistic itinerary.
Arrive at hotel at 3 pm. Explore La Rambla and El Born in the evening. Have a late dinner and go to some disco in the neighbourhood
Barcelona walking tour (runnerbean tours)
- Plaça Reial
- Palau Güell
- Casa Batlló (might go inside, but 18 euro pp is crazy..even versailles or louvre wasnt this expensive)
- Casa Milà
- La Sagrada Familia
Explore La Rambla and Barri Gottic area
Flamenco show: This is where my confusion starts. I understand that i will not be able to see the authentic Flamenco in Barcelona. And there are options ranging from 7 euro to 45 euro.
Flamenco show at Los Tarantos at Plaça Reial - looks like the best and cheapest option if u want to experience flamenco in barcelona
Opera y Flamenco at Palau Musica Catalana - i want to look at the interiors but cant justify 18 euro pp for a guided tour. Can spend 45 euro on the Opera y Flamenco if its really worth. Wasnt really impressed by the videos on youtube. The show didnt look extravagant.
What's the sensible thing to do to enter the Palau?
Late night dinner and return to hotel
Barcelonetta beach - relax, ride bikes etc...
Magic fountains at Montjuic at night
Day 4: Trip to Montserrat
Day 5: Trip to Sitges
Day 6: Dedicated to my wife - all day Shopping
Day 7: Broke after day 6, return to Germany
Your suggestions will help a lot (like always).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 2 Milan airport--which one
- 3 Paris Apartment
- 4 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 5 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 6 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 7 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 8 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 9 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 10 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 11 Barcelona to Malaga
- 12 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 13 How to go up Schafberg Mountain when railway is closed
- 14 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 15 Which Area in London?
- 16 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 17 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 18 Paris November 2017
- 19 Getting around Lisbon
- 20 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 21 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 22 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 23 Visit to France
- 24 First time in Spain
- 25 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?