Barber in Florence, Lucca or Venice...?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm about to go for most almost a month to Italy (and 2 other countries). By the time we get to our overnights in Florence, Lucca and Venice I'll be in need of at least a good trim of my hair.

Just to ask this shot-in-the-dark question: Has anybody gone to a barber in one of those 3 cities where the barber(s) might have a good enough command of English to give me what I want, and who might recall where it is located? [I'll be honest and say I'm too frugal to visit a large tourist hotel where I know they'd speak English and pay an exhorbitant posh hotel price.]

Otherwise, I'll just learn the word "trim" in Italian (AV Babelfish says it's "disposizione&quot and take my chances.

Thanks!

Old Aug 30th, 2008, 10:51 AM
J62

I got my hair cut in Florence last year. I know very little Italian, and the barber even less English.

It was a random place near my apartment so I just walked in. I asked if he spoke English. He said no, and it all worked out fine. Pantomime for how much to cut off and he did the rest. Wash & shampoo cost about 12 or 15 euro.
Old Aug 30th, 2008, 12:13 PM

Hello mbresso, my late husband had his hair cut, well trimmed actualy, many times in Italy. I can't give you any names or addresses but I will say he always received wonderful cuts even though he was not fluent in the Italian language and the barbers did not speak English. It seems to me that barbers in Italy can be counted on to give a good haircut. I wish my male friends in Florence were not on vacation out of the country or I could ask them where they go in Florence. But I am sure you will get a good trim and will also enjoy the experience, my husband always did!
Old Aug 30th, 2008, 12:16 PM

Too bad you aren't going to Seville.
Old Aug 30th, 2008, 01:32 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for all your great answers in civil tones and Seville puns!! I'm now confident enough to just wing it then. ;-)