Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Bamberg hotels: Barock am Dom or Hotel Weierich?

Bamberg hotels: Barock am Dom or Hotel Weierich?

Apr 21st, 2010, 05:46 PM
Original Poster

Bamberg hotels: Barock am Dom or Hotel Weierich?

I have 3 kids <7 and am driving a van through Bavaria in June. I have been debating hotels and came across Hotel Weierich. I am confirmed at both. Hotel Weierich has better ratings on Trip advisor, but I am hoping someone has stayed there to know how big the rooms are. I have decided against Alstadt hotel Molitor based on great feedback. Thank you!
Apr 21st, 2010, 06:46 PM

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Weierich in October 2007, in room #24. We chose the hotel from a recommendation here on Fodor's, and we weren't disappointed. The proprietors of the hotel took very good care of us. They served a very hardy German breakfast, which was included in the room price. We also enjoyed eating dinner one evening in their restaurant. They offered a very affordable daily special. As for size, our room had a large double bed and a day bed, and there was still plenty of floor space for my husband to pace.

Robyn
Apr 22nd, 2010, 05:22 PM
Original Poster

Great! How far was parking? They claim 3 minutes, but haven't read any of that to be true!
Apr 22nd, 2010, 06:25 PM

We came in by train, and took a taxi to the hotel, so I can't comment on parking. Perhaps the hotel can instruct you to the nearest car park.

Robyn
Apr 23rd, 2010, 05:42 AM

Keep in mind that room sizes will vary in most of these places! Sometimes quite a very wide variation given the configuration of the buildings. You might get a spacious room, or you might barely have room to turn around in the room.

Search this Thread