British travel packages

Search

British travel packages

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3rd, 2007, 04:53 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
British travel packages

I'm interested in going to Great Britain, particularly England and Scotland. What I'd like to find is an airfare/hotel package with only a little sightseeing included and at least 3 full days in both London and Edinburgh. I've looked at what Cosmos has to offer and their prices are very good, but their trips only seem to give you 1 day in each city and, although there is some free time built in, there isn't enough free time for me. I've been to both cities years ago and want time to just roam and explore. Can anyone suggest any other agencies that might give me the kind of package I want? Also, does anyone have any comments on Cosmos' packages. Of course, I want to see other things besides these two cities, but these are the places where I'd like to have more time.
Old Jun 3rd, 2007, 05:06 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
the problem w/ most tours is they keep you moving. Plus they do try to keep the prices down - but London and Edinburgh have the most expensive average room rates in the country.

London and Edinburgh are flat easy to do on your own. So if you are set on doing a tour, why not add on a few London days on the front end and a couple extra Edinburgh days after the tour.

(If it were me though, I'd do the whole trip on my own)
Old Jun 3rd, 2007, 07:16 PM
Original Poster

I was looking for a travel package in order to get cheaper hotel rates, knowing rates in the cities are so high. I don't mind having the rest of the trip planned out for me. I'd love to do it all on my own if I had a friend traveling with me, but that's not likely to happen on this trip. But doing London and Edinburgh on my own doesn't bother me. I did a similar trip many years ago at age 19.
Old Jun 3rd, 2007, 07:32 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I would just shop around for lower priced hotels on my own. If you're comfortable traveling solo, I think that's a so much better way to go. I don't care how old I get I want to "roam and explore" not have to be on a bus with a strict schedule and a bunch of strangers on my vacation!
Old Jun 3rd, 2007, 08:28 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
BTW - Priceline is brilliant for London. No need to be in a schlocky tour group hotel when you can get a 4 star city center place for around $100 a night. In Edinburgh - there are lost of great B&Bs that you miss when on a tour because they only have a few rooms.

check out biddingfortravel.com for help w/ priceline
Old Jun 4th, 2007, 07:48 AM

Check out Virgin Atlantic Vacations or Globus Monograms. Both are independent and just include hotel and air unless you want to add something on.
Old Jun 4th, 2007, 10:50 AM

I am looking at packages for Christmas for the same reason.

I have looked at
www.gotoday.com which has some good deals, but I don't recall an Edinburgh/London option (There is a London/Paris)

You might need to hit up a TA to see what they have.
Old Jun 4th, 2007, 11:09 AM

tagging