Balduina district in Rome

Oct 25th, 2005, 08:21 AM
Original Poster

Balduina district in Rome

Hello Fodorites...my husband and I arrive in ROme at 8:30 am on November 1st. We are planning on relaxing the 1st day. Our hotel is in Balduina district. Does anyone have any recommendations of things to see, restaurants to visit, gelati to be had in that area? Any other recommendations with respect to that area would be greatly appreciated.
Mishka from Canada
Oct 25th, 2005, 09:17 AM

Mishka

I assume you know where this distric is (northwest of Vatican City). I am sure there are local eateries nearby, but I don't think that many tourists ever make it to this area. You would probably need to consult the people at your accomodations for the best local food and gelato.

Are you near to the Balduina Metro stop? If so, it will make your stay more pleasant as it will be easier to get to the areas of Rome where the major sights are. There really are no tourist "things to see" in this area, but hopefully, you are placed close enough to Vatican or the Metro so that it will be an easy jaunt to see some things.
Oct 25th, 2005, 09:34 AM
Original Poster

TuscanLIfe -thanks. This appears to be the first error I have made in planning this trip. I didn't want to be in the main touristy area but yikes, this does seem far. Even if there are some little shops and restaurants within walking distance, I think it will be quiet. (?)
Oct 25th, 2005, 09:41 AM

I'm sure it will be fine. If you like quiet, it is probably a good choice. But how far are you from the Metro stop?

Have you written to the hotel and asked them about nearby restaurants and shops? There are hills covered with apartment buildings in the area, but also some main streets surrounding them where locals shop and eat. Does your hotel have a website with a map?

Search this Thread