Next year I am travelling to Europe. I am doing university exchange for 5 months (Jan-May) and will be travelling for almost 5 weeks afterwards, planning to visit Italy, Austria, UK, France and Netherlands.
My brain is hurting from going back and forth with baggage plans.
I need to accomodate for more luggage for my living in Spain portion, but want to travel light for backpacking. The main thing I need for Spain that I don't need for travelling is winter clothing, shoes, and Uni stuff (laptop/books).
My thinking is taking my hybrid backpack (60L), and a carry on suitcase. Then I was thinking I could mail my unneeded stuff home after exchange in the carry on suitcase. BUT this is looking like it's gonna cost me $250-300 that I'd rather spend on a good time travelling.
So my question is (I have 0 experience) how bad would it be to cart my carry on with unneeded stuff in it around Europe with me? If I can squeeze the extras into the hybrid (maybe vacuum seal and/or throw some out), I'd be happy to leave the carry on behind, but how much do you think an extra weight load would hinder me?
Any advice would be great!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Airport Transfer
- 2 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 3 Order of Amalfi visit in October
- 4 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 5 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 6 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 7 Drive from Paris to Mont St Michael
- 8 Again, onboard robbery attempts on trains leaving Milano Centrale station
- 9 Which Aran Island??
- 10 Easter Week in Italy
- 11 Getting to FCO from Rome
- 12 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 13 Mifi rentals for Portugal
- 14 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 15 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 16 Moscow Hotels
- 17 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 18 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 19 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 20 Dublin to Donegal
- 21 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 22 "Occupied" TV series: On location in Oslo
- 23 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!
- 24 Barcelona tour option help please
- 25 New Years in France