Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Bad Travel Pun (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/bad-travel-pun-147054/)

The Kid Jul 18th, 2001 07:02 PM

Bad Travel Pun

Go to Pompeii & your life will be in ruins!!!

Oaktown Traveler Jul 18th, 2001 10:28 PM

No matter where you go you are always there.

elvira Jul 20th, 2001 01:35 PM

I thought about going to Edinburgh but scotched that idea. <BR> <BR>I had no idea what the Athenian cabdriver was saying; it was all Greek to me. <BR> <BR>What do the people from Valletta drink with their burgers? Malta'd milkshakes <BR> <BR>What city has the best German food? Munchen <BR> <BR>I have an international boyfriend: he's got Roman hands and Russian fingers <BR> <BR>What city in Spain has the most polite people? Seville <BR> <BR>

Book Chick Jul 20th, 2001 01:39 PM

Okay, Elvira, some of these are actually making me groan! <BR> <BR>At a house of ill repute, they're are 3 men. One is exiting, one is approaching the house, and one is in the house. What are their nationalities? <BR> <BR>The man exiting is Finnish, the man approaching is Russian, and the man in the house--Himalyan! <BR> <BR>BC

Capo Jul 20th, 2001 02:07 PM

One's mind is a terrible thing Toulouse.

KT Jul 20th, 2001 02:16 PM

You Francophiles Cannes joke all you want, I won't Rouen your fun.

s.fowler Jul 20th, 2001 03:59 PM

Arrrrrrrrrrgh... I'm too far gone to add, but this deserves topping:)

Escritora Jul 20th, 2001 04:32 PM

Some people think puns take humor Oslo as it can go. But I like a pun Venice a good one. They're hard to find, but if Ukraine your neck you can see a few. You can even invent your own--Izmir-ly a matter of practice. Czech it out! You can even pun bilingually, which is a good means of Dublin the fun. And Geneva know when inspiration will strike.

Art Jul 20th, 2001 04:40 PM

As an old farmboy I find these udderly ridiculous.

Betty Jul 20th, 2001 04:41 PM

Not exactly a pun, but you guys reminded me of this. Eons ago when I was an "assistante d'anglais" in Albi a bit northeast of Toulouse, several of us had gone to the local night club to dance. (This was PRE-disco days!) At one point they were playing a James Brown record in which he repeated several times the phrase, "Well, I'll be!" I couldn't understand why, each time he said that phrase, the whole room would break into cheers... until I finally figured out that to the French ear "I'll be" sounded like "Albi"!

ExcusezMoi Jul 20th, 2001 04:46 PM

Monaco on vacation? Florence is Nice, Viareggio Venice, but I Cannes go on Toulon here.........

Topper Jul 20th, 2001 08:00 PM

Just topping... <BR> <BR>...I wanted to add my own pun, but I think I Brit off more than I can chew...

Ms.Aussie Jul 20th, 2001 11:11 PM

One good Terni (IT) deserves another.

dave Jul 21st, 2001 05:44 AM

enough! how much can a Koala bear! <BR> <BR>Dave

Punny Jul 21st, 2001 06:56 AM

Me? I like a good pun, And/orra double ententre!

carol Jul 21st, 2001 07:01 AM

Virginians may be a little prudish but they go in for clean living. They don't smoke nor drink -- Norfolk!

Danna Jul 21st, 2001 05:36 PM

Topping till I think of one, Great Thread!

elvira Jul 21st, 2001 10:54 PM

If my buddy hadn't welshed on his bet, I'd be in Cardiff by now. <BR> <BR>Fez up, you all have an Ulsterior Maldive for participating in this. <BR> <BR>Aspen, and ye shall receive - Hunter S. <BR> <BR>My grandmother went to Scotland, and all I got were these lousy Argyle socks. <BR> <BR>I sent a letter to the Phillipines, and it was returned! Was it in a manila envelope? <BR> <BR>What did the walloon say to the flamande? Francly my dear, I don't give a Damme <BR> <BR>"I just spent six months in the Veneto". Well, there you go, I've got Venice envy. <BR> <BR>How's your trip to Bulgaria going? Sofia, so good.. <BR> <BR>I understand you had a tough time in Switzerland... well, you live, Lucerne. <BR> <BR>MAKE ME STOP PLEASE. THE TINFOIL HAT ISN'T WORKING <BR> <BR>