Bad Experience with Argus Car Hire Insurance offered by them

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23rd, 2014, 04:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At the end of the booking of the car I was offered a Premium Insurance (40 pounds). I accepted and then, once I had to claim the insurance (92 pounds), I have been informed that this policy is only for UK residents upon I informed when I filled the data of the booking of the car my unique residence (Madrid - Spain), so the policy has been useless. When I have claimed to Argus Car why did inform to Allianz of that wrong residence, they don't know what to answer, and they supply an English phone of Allianz and its e-mail. Allianz answers that I had to have to read the 3 page wordings that I received once I paid the insurance.

Please, don't rent a car from Argus Car Hire (Car Trawler) or a policy from Allianz (Mondial Assistance); it will be a nightmare. Warn!!!

If any one knows how to continue my claim to another institutional organization or department of these companies I would be very grateful.
Old Sep 23rd, 2014, 07:03 AM

I booked with Argus yesterday, yes you need to be careful.

They tried to sell me an insurance package even in view of the fact the deal with my car supply company was zero excess.

The banks in Britain have recently lost £billions after mis-selling all manner of policies which were in effect worthless.

I have a feeling that car hire companies are next.
Old Sep 30th, 2014, 01:31 AM
Original Poster

Now it is solved. At the beginning I only got nonsense and late answers via mail. Once I told my experience in the social media, they reacted very fast and they gave my money back.

Cheers