I booked a car through AutoEurope for my trip to Croatia and Slovenia. AutoEurope confirmed that the Sixt office in downtown Zagreb had confirmed the availability of the car so I paid for the rental, and showed up in Zagreb with the paid voucher.
Sixt's Zagreb office said they had no car available for me and said they had never informed AutoEurope of any availability. In fact, they said AutoEurope had never contacted them! I was thoroughly shattered since I had not planned for this scenario. But the Sixt agent was very helpful and he called a different car rental company (Uniline: http://www.uniline.hr/croatia/car_rental_croatia.php) and asked them to send a car. He also asked them to honor the rate that I paid to AutoEurope.
All in all, the Sixt agent came to my rescue, and I could complete the rest of the vacation as planned. BTW, AutoEurope did refund me the money, but I don't think I'll be using them ever again.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AOL-password-recovery-CONTACT-☎-1800-570-1233-AOL-Tec*h-24X7
- 2 South of France
- 3 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 4 Tips for first trip to UK
- 5 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 6 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 7 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 8 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 9 Traveling to Ukraine with a travel guide
- 10 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 11 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 12 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 13 My France Vacation
- 14 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 15 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 16 land vs river cruise
- 17 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 18 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 19 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 20 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 21 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 22 Malaga Christmas lights
- 23 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 24 Your favorite London streets for strolling?
- 25 Planning a Poland itinerary