"Backstage" Tour of Eiffel Tower??

Jun 29th, 2015, 11:20 AM
Original Poster
"Backstage" Tour of Eiffel Tower??

Does anyone remember some discussion a few years ago about a special tour one could take of the machinations that make the Eiffel Tower work?

When DH and I were last going to Paris, I remember reading about it on this forum. I never did make the reservations for the tour, which DH would have enjoyed a lot, but now we are going back to Paris in late September, and I would like to investigate the possibility again.

If anyone has any info, I'd be grateful. The website does discuss an "underground tour" but not sure if that's the same one.

Many thanks.
Jun 29th, 2015, 11:30 AM
I don't know what you are referring to on Fodors but the website itself has private tours that fit your description, and you can sign up online.

It doesn't say anything about an underground tour that I can see.
Jun 29th, 2015, 11:51 AM
Here's a "Behind the Scenes" tour offered through Get Your Guide. When we were in Paris two years ago we booked a bakery tour with them and were happy with it.

Jun 29th, 2015, 12:05 PM
I did a behind the scenes tour at the Eiffel Tower about 5 years ago. They take you to a bunker and also you see the machinery under the tower. Also includes skipping the lines to go up the tower.

I think it was worth the money and was something most people don't see.

Search this Thread