Backpacks in Bordeaux?

Aug 15th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Original Poster

Backpacks in Bordeaux?

I am a junior in college and am going to be studying abroad in Bordeaux, France and am wondering if I should even pack a backpack (normal black Jansport) for school. In Santa Barbara, where I currently go to school, people use backpacks or totes or nothing sometimes. I usually use a tote but that's because I bike to school and can put my stuff in a basket. On days when I have a lot (like my computer) or when I walk to school instead of bike I switch to a backpack. In France i expect to be walking a lot. Do any french students (specifically girls) use backpacks ever? Should I just bring my tote and count on that being enough? I don't want to find that I have more than I would prefer to carry in a tote and have to buy a backpack abroad when I have multiple at home. Thanks!
Aug 15th, 2010, 02:08 PM

French students use backpacks. I think students everywhere use them.
Aug 15th, 2010, 03:06 PM

I really think you should take it, not only for school but I use a daypack in France even when I'm going on a day trip for the day on the train and will be walking a lot, things like that. I have a couple that are unstructured, less than a Jansport, but I always take one.

Search this Thread