This message consists of:
My travel plans, questions on whether to by a Eurorail pass or flights, and questions on proper attire for winter in Europe
I am an American planning on traveling through all parts of Europe from December 26th to mid-February. I will start my journey in Lisbon with my girlfriend, and travel through Spain and France. Those are my initial plans, and I hope to do this within 2 weeks. After the two, I have no idea where I'm going or what I'll be doing.
I need help deciding whether to by a Eurorail pass or to plan to just by airplane tickets. If I were to do the latter, I am afraid of needing to pay check-in bag fees. This brings me to my next question: for a month and a half of traveling, what size backpack should I purchase? I was looking to by a 55 liter, but my friend will let me borrow his larger 85 liter. Should I borrow his backpack, or is it too big?
Finally, what shoes should I bring along? I was thinking water-proof hiking boots and a pair of sneakers. What are your thoughts?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 2 Copenhagen, Stockholm & Bergen April 2018
- 3 Amsterdam at End of Year - Tickets for Museums
- 4 Advise Needed
- 5 10 days in europe
- 6 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 7 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 8 Black Friday in Britain? Why?
- 9 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 10 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 11 6 days in Slovenia and Croatia in January
- 12 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 13 land vs river cruise
- 14 Hiking - Suggest a location
- 15 Festival du Citron (Lemon Festival), Menton
- 16 Help with suggestions for Portugal 2 week trip
- 17 19 days Ireland by car - please advise
- 18 Scotland ideas
- 19 Tips for first trip to UK
- 20 Help Getting from Faro to Lisbon
- 21 Iceland tours from Keflavik
- 22 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 23 The World's Greatest Churches
- 24 Malaga Christmas lights
- 25 Portugal