I have been to England several times, but the last time was about 15 years ago, and I feel like my information is outdated. I am planning a trip for my boyfriend and myself, and we will be flying into London. We would like to visit the Scottish highlands, including a trip to Fraser Castle. I think the location that might be best for us to base our travel from is Aberdeen. What is the best way for us to get from London to Aberdeen?
Does anyone know what the current rates for train travel from London to Aberdeen might be? I thought that tickets purchased from London rail stations were much cheaper than the sites I'm looking at to book from online (from the US).
Also, would it be of any benefit to buy a Britrail pass, or are we better off to buy tickets as we go?
Thanks in advance for sharing your local knowledge and recent experiences.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 2 Paris November 2017
- 3 1 night in Algarve in January?
- 4 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 5 Sorrento to Montepulciano- where to rent car?
- 6 A very important question regarding pronunciation
- 7 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 8 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 9 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 10 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 11 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 12 Current plan for March trip
- 13 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 14 Spain in 2018
- 15 Rentals in Madrid , Spain-Select
- 16 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 17 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 18 First time in Spain
- 19 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 20 Schengen entry/exit stamps in Austria
- 21 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 22 Barcelona to Malaga
- 23 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 24 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 25 Best area to stay near Split for easy beach access.