Reload this Page >

Back last night from Italian Lakes and CT

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21st, 2001, 01:20 AM
Roy

We returned last night from a week in the Italian Lakes and a week in the Cinque Terre. <BR>We had a great time and fabulous weather - for October or any time. <BR>I'd be happy to try to answer questions. <BR>Also, for anyone with a car and leaving from Malpensa airport, I know a great two star hotel nearby - and only 110,000 double with breakfast!

Old Oct 21st, 2001, 04:13 PM
Delores

Did you use a car the whole time? or train? If car, what did you do with it at CT? Interested in any descriptions you can give, i.e., which lake you liked best, etc.

Old Oct 21st, 2001, 04:24 PM
Kay

Roy, we are headed to the CT in March. Where did you stay and would you recommend it? We plan to do as many hikes between the villages as we can, how did you fill in a week in the area? <BR>Thanks, Kay

Old Oct 22nd, 2001, 04:01 AM
Paige

Where did you stay in the lakes? Any good restaurants, things to see, etc? We're going in a few weeks.

Old Oct 23rd, 2001, 05:44 AM
Joel

What do you do for a week in CT???????

Old Oct 23rd, 2001, 09:12 AM
OP

How about some details!!!

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 02:45 AM
atta

were they lots of people in the cinque terra? did you find internet access there? Are the boats still running between the towns?

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 02:52 AM
Michele Foo

We just got back from Cinque Terre actually. There were quite a few tourists there, mostly European. Yes, the boats are still running from one Terre to the other except for Corniglia which doesn't have a port. For that, you'll have to take the little train that runs from each Terre to the other. Remember, if anyone is thinking of staying in Portovenere, there is no train station there connecting it to the CT. You'll have to drive or take a cab to the nearest town (Riomaggiore) and either take the train or the boat. You can also walk from one town to the other as there is a well built path but will take half a day just to walk. There is also Internet access there 'cos we saw a few Internet cafes. I think the prettiest towns are Vernazza, Manarola and Riomaggiore. I found Monterosso too commercialized. The water is beautifully clear and great for swimming although cold when you first get in!

Old Oct 26th, 2001, 03:53 AM
fff

Just heard that some trails are closed because of landslides

Old Oct 26th, 2001, 03:35 PM
roy

Old Oct 27th, 2001, 08:30 AM
roy

tippity top top top

Old Oct 27th, 2001, 08:55 AM
Modeen

We were in Cinque Terre from 10/5 to 10/13. All trails were open at that time. We enjoyed a full week there spending most of our time hiking. We also took a day trip by train to Lucca. We didn't have a car so took trains, boats, and trails. We had a great time and recommend it!