Back from Zurich--thanks for help!

Nov 30th, 1999, 06:15 AM
Bernadette

Back from Zurich--thanks for help!

I just returned from my first trip to Switzerland, and I just want to thank everyone who helped me decide what to do and what to bring. It never went above freezing, but I was never cold. I fit in quite well, in fact, and I had a great time! I stayed in a little village between Basel and Zurich, and I was able to travel to Basel, Zurich and Luzern. I can't wait until my next trip--in 3 weeks!!!

Nov 30th, 1999, 10:16 PM
jill

Hello Bernadette:
I am traveling to Zurich for one nite on dec 22, then on to Davos to ski for 10 days. I have tickets for the symphony in Zurich for that one evening. Do you have any suggestions on maybe one or two things, places, eats, I should not miss? Thanks!

Dec 2nd, 1999, 08:08 AM
Bernadette

Jill--I'm really sorry, but I can't really recommend much for Zurich b/c I didn't do much there except walk around. I stayed with a friend and his mother always cooked for us so that we wouldn't have to spend any money. So I can't suggest any restaurants. I do recommend, though, if they still have it, to buy some roasted chestnuts from some street vendors. Yummy. Also, if you go into any cafe or restaurant, try the vermicelles. It is a dessert made with hazelnuts (or chestnuts? I forget), and it is absolutely heavenly. It is a seasonal thing, but I think they should still have it when you go. I really enjoyed walking down the Bahnhofstrasse and looking into the store windows and looking at the lights on the street. You can also go across the river to the other side and get an idea of the older part of Zurich. I hope that you have fun!

Search this Thread