Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Back from France, two suggestions for family vacations.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7th, 2001, 09:45 AM
wjh

We recently traveled to France with our 6 and 11 year old daughters. In Paris, we stayed at the Hotel Palais Bourbon in the 7th. The hotel was perfect for our family. Our room had a small ajoining room so the girls had some privacy and Raphael at the front desk could not have been more pleasant and helpful. However, the highlight of our trip was in Chenonceaux. We stayed at La Roseraie where Sophie and Laurent went out of their way to make us feel welcome and treat us like we were family. We rented the apartment and dined at their restaurant both nights that we were there. The apartment was huge and our dinners were spectacular. Our children instantly fell in love with Sophie, Laurent and their dog Plume. The stay at La Roseraie is the first thing that our children tell everyone about when they are asked about their two weeks in France. The website for La Roseraie is www.charminghotel.com.

Old Jan 7th, 2001, 10:45 PM
Melissa

Approximately how much were accomodations at those hotels?

Old Jan 9th, 2001, 04:47 AM
wjh

The room in Paris was 840FF for the four of us including breakfast and taxes. The flat in Chenonceaux was less.

Old Jan 17th, 2001, 07:28 AM
Shelley

wjh, We are going to Paris with our 11 and 7 yr. old girls in June. We may stay at the Le Tourville in the 7th but I am afraid the 7th is to far from everything. Does it matter? or do you think the 4th or 6th will be better?<BR>Thanks,Shelley

Old Jan 17th, 2001, 11:57 AM
Ann

In what price range are these hotels that you mentioned?

Old Jan 19th, 2001, 02:20 PM
Ellen

I agree that the hotel is a good value and I might stay there again. I always read such good reviews about the service and hospitality of the staff. I feel I was treated rudely and they seemed very put out even to look up a phone number. I think I am the only person to say something negative about their hotel staff. My needs were certainly not demanding nor was I anything other than pleasant. Also, I was overcharged at check out and the concierge argued with me that the prices went up since I booked. He even refused to believe me about the price I was to pay until I presented a copy of the fax sent to me by the hotel. They begrundgingly refunded the amount overcharged. Aside from the staff, the place is great and breakfast is included. I had a single room facing toward the back where it was nice and quiet! <BR>Ellen