Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

"Baby Brunch" at the Le Meridien Monpartnasse?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23rd, 2005, 08:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm getting ready for my trip to Paris (Feb 7 - 17) with my husband and 18 month son. I've read that there's a nice family brunch at Justine's. Has anyone been here for "baby brunch"? The travel guide, Paris with Kids, mentioned clowns, games, entertainment for the kids...Has anyone heard of this?

Here is what I found at the Le Meridien website:
Justine - in the lush setting of hanging gardens, the Justine restaurant offers its original buffet menu for each meal, with a huge selection of desserts. The restaurant has a magnificent glass roof, overlooking a flower garden, where guests can dine on the terrace in the spring and summer. Every Sunday, from September to the end of June, the Justine restaurant offers a sumptuous ' Baby Brunch' buffet for the whole family.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Old Jan 24th, 2005, 05:56 AM

ttt
Old Jan 24th, 2005, 01:44 PM

Hi bhpopek,

When I stayed at Le Meridien Montparnasse in October, I peeked inside Justine's early Sunday morning to see what the "baby brunch" was all about. Didn't have kids with me, so wasn't planning on eating there.

What a pleasant area set up for the kids -lots of colorful balloons all over, very loud but great music which would appeal to teens and younger. There were sections set up for different age groups one of which had a puppet theater, stuffed animals,and I think a small dance floor. Just can't remember what else was set up.

The staff were setting up the lovely dining room area, and it looked like it might be a buffet. The maitre d' said there would be at least 100 or so kids, and that it was very popular with families. I do not remember the prices for brunch.

I was so glad to have stopped in as it was such a festive,happy place.

You might want to call Le Meridien and speak to the concierge about details.

Phone number: (+33) 01 44 36 44 36
Fax: (+33) 01 44 36 47 00
Old Jan 29th, 2005, 11:13 AM
Original Poster

I made reservations for the the 13th of Feb and we are so excited about the "Baby Brunch"! I think it will be most memorable and quite worth it. It's 45 Euros per adult and our toddler will be free. The price is pretty steep...but I think we'll be there for a few hours to enjoy the entertainment and other families. Will let you know how it all turns out!
Old Mar 13th, 2005, 11:47 AM

How did it go and how was your trip?

We are taking a 2 1/2 year old to Paris this week and I'm dying to hear how your stroller experiences (and all the rest) went.