Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Radisson SAS Strand Hotel in Stockholm - anyone stayed there?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26th, 2005, 02:26 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

I am looking at staying at the Radisson SAS Strand Hotel in Stockholm for 3 nights before our cruise in August. I am looking for feedback from anyone that might have stayed there.

Thanks,

Ginny
Old Feb 5th, 2005, 01:33 PM

We stayed in a SAS Radisson in Stockholm July 2004; not sure if it was the "strand" but ours was VERY well located. This is of course a chain hotel without much personality, rather stark but our location was just great. The bar was closed for renovation when we were there and we were disappointed because I think it would have had nice views. The hotel was really close to the train station, also to the Metro but we walked to Gamla Stan and City Hall, for example.
Old Sep 5th, 2005, 02:19 PM
Original Poster

I am back from our tip now and we did stay at the Radisson SAS Strand in Stockholm for 3 nights. It turned out to be very good. It is a modern hotel and not what you would call "fancy" but very nice. We had a king suite harbor room which was a very nice size with 2 chairs and a huge wooden desk, cable TV and good a/c. The bathroom was very modern but very small.

The breakfast buffet was excellent! Good coffee, excellent pastries, meats, etc. The best bacon we ever ate in our lives! The location is also good - within 2 shorts blocks of the main harbor area. It is basically behind the Grand Hotel.

Again, it's modern, clean , and nice. Very comfy beds and good linens.

Ginny
Old Sep 5th, 2005, 03:14 PM

We stayed at this hotel at the end of our cruise in July 2005. The hotel is conveniently located. The room was clean and mediocre. Suggest you not ask the conceirge for a restaurant recommendation as he directed us to a very expensive and so-so restaurant blocks away from the hotel. We found out later there was a wonderful restaurant not far from the hotel.

Enjoy your cruise!
Old Sep 5th, 2005, 03:16 PM

LOL--Just looked at the date of the message!