Search

B&Bs in Ireland

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 08:47 AM
Carole

B&Bs in Ireland

Hi, I am booked at the following B&amp;Bs and I am wondering if anyone is familiar with them. Briefne in Raheny, Dublin, Tir na Nog in Cashel, Hillside House in Kinsale, Rockcrest House in Kenmare, Cill Bhreac in Dingle, Park House in Bunratty.<BR>Thanks for your help.

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 06:06 PM
Larry

My wife and I were in Ireland the first week of November this year. We stayed at Briefne in Raheny two nights. We really liked Mrs. Keane, though suggest you contact her to confirm your specific room as the first night we stayed in a room with 2 twin beds (may work out great for you). Also, get to the showers early or late. A couple people there got cold showers around 8-9am. It's about 2-3 miles north of downtown Dublin, but right on the water and a couple blocks from the bus route, which I recommend you take. <BR><BR>Didn't stay at Cill Bhreac, but loved the Dingle peninsula. I could spend a whole week around Slea Head Drive (a must see).<BR><BR>Have fun!

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 06:17 PM
Mike

I think Mrs. Keane would be off my list, especially if I had to take the risk of getting a cold shower in the morning. I would stay with someone else who had plenty of hot water.<BR><BR>We stayed in one place on the coast near Waterford and the hot water heater was on a timer. The only problem was when we wanted to take a shower in the evening when we arrived, the hot water heater wasn't turned on, and it was set on the wrong time when we wanted to take a shower in the morning. Now that I look back at it, I kinda chuckle.

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 07:41 PM
Angela

Carole, I would avoid Tir na Nog in Cashel and Park House in Bunratty. Looks like three out of six are you listed are not up to snuff. If you have trusted book/s that lists good acomodations you should go by the book/s (unless the book/s recomended those B&amp;Bs).

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 08:08 PM
cd

Close to Cashel in Cahir. The Scaragh House is a luxurious olde world home. 3 ensuite rooms and a family room. Great breakfast. email [email protected] Telephone # 052 42105

Old Dec 18th, 2002, 06:50 AM
Debbie

I haven't stayed at Park House, but I did stay at Headley Court in Bunratty and liked it very much ( they have a web site if you want to see it) we are going back for a 2nd visit in spring. <BR><BR>I have also heard good things about Bunratty Manor. <BR><BR>good luck.

Old Dec 18th, 2002, 08:20 AM
Anita

I stayed at Tir Na Nog in 2001. We had a large room on the second floor which had three beds and there was a private bedroom within this room. We had an ensuite bathroom. Good food, pleasant owners. You've got to see the Rock of Cashel when it is lit up at night. Pleasant country area, beautiful surroundings!

Old Dec 18th, 2002, 01:26 PM
Laoghaire

Hi Carole...Husband, son, daughter-in-law and I stayed at Cill Bhreac in Dingle two years ago. We found it to be pleasent, clean, wonderful view (ask for a front bedroom!), very gracious hostess, and very good breakfasts..Think we shall try Tower View next May, just because we like to try different places. I do recommend it....Happy Roads!!....Helen

Old Dec 18th, 2002, 01:34 PM
John

Hi Carole,<BR><BR>You may want to consider Greenmount House in Dingle - great owners, great facility, great food and super location.

Old Dec 18th, 2002, 01:35 PM
Laoghaire

Hi again, Carole. I need to restate my last sentence, it didn't seem clear to me after the post went through. It should read---I do recommend Cill Bhreac!....Helen

Old Dec 22nd, 2002, 06:33 AM
David D.

Carole,<BR><BR>Should you decide on a different accommodation in Kenmare, I can heartily suggest the Shelburne. It's a lovely, moderately-priced B &amp; B, located a few minutes' walk from the heart of Kenmare. The Shelburne offers lovely, spotless rooms, is situated on attractive grounds, and, perhaps best of all, features one of the best breakfasts in the Republic. The decor of the dining room is another highlight.<BR><BR>Best of luck.