B&B's in Holland?

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 08:18 AM
carol

B&B's in Holland?

We are going to Holland the first 2 weeks of june and are wondering how easy it is to get a B&B at a moments notice. We do not want to be tied to a schedule as there are a few nights we will spend with friends. We just want to hop a train, grab a bike and see where we end up. Also, do campgrounds rent out campers/caravans...or is this not a wise idea? thanks folks for any info you can pass onto me.

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 09:48 AM
wes fowler

You should have little trouble finding B&Bs. In cities, towns and villages look for a blue triangular sign with the letters 'VVV'. The Vereniging voor Vreemdelingenverkeer is a network of tourist information offices, invariably staffed with English speaking people. The VVV can readily direct you to accommodations within your price range.<BR><BR>In the larger cities, the VVV sign is augmented by a sign 'i-nederland' At these locations, you can get accommodations for anywhere in the Netherlands.<BR><BR>VVV offices are open from 9 to 5 Monday through Friday, 10 to 12 on Saturdays. Most are also open on Sundays in the afternoon, though their times vary.

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 11:19 AM
mpprh

Hi<BR><BR>I'm a little late, but Wes is right<BR><BR>Peter<BR>

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 07:03 PM
john

<BR>The Dutch version of B&B is "Zimmer Frei," German words meaning "room available." German is used because most of the tourists to the coastal areas of Holland, where you find these establishments, are German. Usually breakfast is not provided, just the first B of B&B. Zimmer Frei owners prefer that you stay for a few days and usually will not rent to you if you plan to stay for Friday night only. These houses can have from one to five rooms for rent.<BR>

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 02:12 AM
kathy

I just found the perfect B & B at the w/end whilst researching. Go into<BR>www.thegooses.com. they also rent out camper vans. Are in Amsterdam.

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 02:54 AM

good luck winging it in holland in the summer...the place is over run with tourists who have reserved up all the good cheap spots months in advance. The tourist office is a very good suggestion...

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 04:51 AM
carol

Kathy, what a great website! thanks for that! i just hope i am not left on the streets to sleep as i cannot stick to a schedule (especially nearing the end of our trip)...anyone else have any favorites in this country? Thanks again!