B&B's in Dublin's Temple Bar Area

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 05:32 PM
Jenny

B&B's in Dublin's Temple Bar Area

My parents and I are going to Ireland in September and were told that we should stay in the Temple Bar area.<BR><BR>I have found these two B&Bs: Glenn Guesthouse and Tara Lodge Dublin.<BR><BR>I am also open to hearing about other places to stay while in Dublin.

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 02:17 AM
Susan

I would NOT put my parents up in Temple bar. <BR><BR>1. there are no B&B's just hotels and hostels<BR>2. It is a madhouse at night and they will get no sleep from the noise of the pubs in the street. <BR><BR>Do a search of this site as there was a thread 2 weeks ago about staying cheap in dublin. Also avoid Gardiner street that has loads of B&B's but it is not safe at night especially walking. It's more for backpackers. Try Laterooms.com for any deals on Jurys and the Burlinton hotel or B&B's in Ballsbridge which you can get through the Irish Tourist board.<BR><BR>Happy Hunting!<BR>

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 02:55 AM
mike

I think you would like Kilronan House. It is walking distance to Temple Bar , St. Stephens Green , etc.<BR><BR>http://www.dublinn.com/

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 09:31 AM
Stephanie

Hi Jenny,<BR><BR>My friend and I are going to Dublin at the end of August and are staying at a townhouse converted B and B close to the temple bar area - it is called Number 31 - I found it on going to www.hiddenireland.com. It is not a cheap place to stay as it is around 165 euros a night - take a look at the website - www.number31.ie - very nice!

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 10:45 AM
bill

Nothing in Dublin is going to be cheap, but whatever your choice is, BOOK IT NOW, especially if you will be there on a weekend. Rooms fill up quick in Dublin.<BR><BR>Dublin is pretty crazy on a weekend night, it may be a little more fun on the weekdays. Many a Dubliner suggested to me that they stay away from Temple Bar on the weekends.<BR><BR>Are you going anywhere else in Ireland?<BR><BR>Bill