b&b in venice help

May 19th, 2005, 11:21 AM
Original Poster

b&b in venice help

I found 2 b&b in Venice with a view and in my price range. Has anyone had any experience with them: B&B Giardini with view and terrace for 110E or ca'alexander for 110E as well, both on venere.com. They are in the Castello area. Is that a good spot? I could also get Al Campaniel at 95E. Could anyone direct me or help me out?
May 19th, 2005, 11:39 AM

2 years ago I stayed in a lovely B&B just off the Calle dei Fabbri (one of the main routes between the Rialto and Piazza san Marco), and overlooking a canal. It was really nice, so try looking at www.palazzoduodo.com. They have 3 suites to offer, and I remember they were very reasonable then, so check them out. The rooms were filled with antique furniture, I could almost when lying in the bath (and certainly from other bathroom appliances!)watch the gondoliers plie their trade in the canal below... Breakfast was very good, I couldn't believe how the maid folded my silk nightdress, and we filled the minibar with olives and cheeses and wine from the wonderful grocers just a few steps away. And don't believe what you read about the gelato at Paolin in Campo San Stefano - IMO (and that of my children too) the best gelato in Venice are to be had on Calle dei Fabbri at Fantasy Gelato.

Search this Thread