B&B in Sorrento or Amalfi coast

Feb 9th, 2005, 04:23 PM
Original Poster

B&B in Sorrento or Amalfi coast

I have booked Villa Serena near Cortona for one week in August and now seek a B&B for 4 days in Sorrento, Praiano, or Positano. Does anyone have a suggestion? Must have terrace with a view of the sea (if I'm coming this far, I must have a view of the sea!)and parking availability. I am new to Fodor's and really enjoy this message system. I am learning a lot about Italy!
Feb 9th, 2005, 05:05 PM

Hey there fellow Edmontonian! Finally, some nice weather here, hey?

When my fiance and I were in Sorrento last May, we stayed at Casa Susy B&B. OVerall we enjoyed it, and the family was very friendly. I don't recall if they had rooms overlooking the sea or not, because we had the little apartment-type suite out in the garden. The rest of the rooms are on the 3&4th floor of the building. I know they have a website - maybe just Google "Casa Susy" and see what comes up. It was very cheap (70 euros a night I believe) and someone will come pick you up from the train station to take you to the B&B. The only downside to this place was that it is a little ways from the centre of Sorrento (probably a 20 min walk or so - it's in Sant'Agnello, which is kind of like how St.Albert or Sherwood Park is with Edmonton - really close but still designated as separate. We really couldn't figure out where Sant'Agnello ended and Sorrento began, though...seems like one big town). Anyways, if you do stay there, I hope you enjoy it!
Feb 10th, 2005, 06:08 AM
ira

Hi ed,

We stayed at the Le Sirene in Praiano and enjoyed it very much. Beautiful views, lovely people.

Single about 80E w/bkfst.

www.lesirene.com

Feb 10th, 2005, 07:46 AM

If you are on a low budget then the Syrene is an option,but it is in Praiano which is out of the way,hence the low budget prices.If you are going to the AC I would stay in Positano or Amalfi.
Feb 11th, 2005, 05:32 AM
ira

Hi Pine,

It is the LE SIRENE in Praiano.

The Syrene is in Capri.

Feb 11th, 2005, 06:42 AM

If you are on a low budget then Le Sirene is an option,but it is in Praiano which is out of the way,hence the low budget prices.If you are going to stay on the AC I would stay in Positano or Amalfi