B&B In Piazza Della Signoria Florence

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 10:12 AM
gaye

B&B In Piazza Della Signoria Florence

Can anyone give me feedback on this B&B in Florence? Their website looks great! Thanks!

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 10:17 AM
Wayne

Gaye---What B&B? You didn't give its name.

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 12:40 PM
gaye

The name is as I posted B&B IN PIAZZA DELLA SIGNORIA. Their website is www.inpiazzadellasignoria.it

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 02:51 PM
lovestravel

topping<BR>

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 08:47 PM
Phyllis

Dear Gaye,<BR><BR>My husband, two daughters and I will be staying there April 16, thru April 18. I did find this B& B through this message board. The people who run this inn seem to very helpful. My only problem is the strike in Italy on April 16. When we return I will be very happy to tell you about it.

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 08:54 PM
Toni

What Strike? We're thinking of going this weekend to Venice. How would it affect me?

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 09:06 PM

topping

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 11:42 AM
Susan

Hi Phyllis<BR>Would love to hear your personal comments on this small B&B when you return as we are thinking of booking this place in the fall.<BR>Have a great trip.<BR>Susan

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 09:21 PM
x

topping

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 09:19 AM
Tina

Excellent location, right in the thick of things. And their website lets you several of the rooms with a camera sweeping around -- how cool! However I couldn't find the rates on their site. Phyllis, what did you pay and which rooms were you in?

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 10:16 AM
Rosie

Hi.<BR>Any feedback from Phyllis on her stay here? The website looks good but would like a personal report.<BR>Thanks.<BR>Rosie

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 07:58 PM
gaye

Phyllis, are you back yet to tell us how this b&b was?

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 11:57 AM
ttt

topping

Old May 2nd, 2002, 05:49 AM
Phyllis

Hi. We are back from our trip to Italy, Paris and London. I highly recommend the inn at the piazza della signoria. Location is perfect, a few steps from the piazza della signoria, right around the corner from the Uffizi and within walking distance of any sites you would want to visit. The rooms are really nice and look like they have just been done. They actually look brand new. The web site seems to be really accurate. We had a room with two bedrooms. It was really nice and clean. Sonia and Alessandro are the owners of the hotel and could not be nicer. They are very helpful and showed us all their rooms. All the rooms were really nice. The rooms are large. I would have been happy in any one of them. This is the first time I have stayed in a b & b and would stay there again. I can only rave about this place. They bend over backwards to answer any requests. You probably can have anything you want for breakfast. I will be happy to answer any questions you have about this bed and breakfast. Just email me. I truly could just keep raving about it. We did have to walk up a few short flights of stairs to our room but they are installing an elevator which should be ready in a month or so. If you do stay there, please tell them Phyllis with the daughter Lisa, says hello and recommended them. My husband and I paid 190 euros for us. Then when my daughter came we paid 220 euros for 3 and then 250 euros for 4 people. The owners speak some English but they have a girl working for them who speaks English. Just email them if you have any questions. Hope this information helps. Phyllis

Old May 19th, 2002, 09:21 AM
MC

Hello, <BR>Just wanted to recommend this B&B. We just returned from Florence last night and stayed at the B&B for two nights and 3 nights at the Anglo-American hotel. Comparing our stay at the B&B and at a 4 star hotel, I could not be happier with the B&B. Sonia is so friendly and helpful. As Phyllis mentioned above, they bend over backwards to accomodate you. For instance, my cousin asked for ketchup with his eggs the first morning we were there and they did not have any. Sure enough, they had it ready for him the next morning. They constantly offered snacks, wine and beverages each time we stopped in to freshen up during the day. The location is great too. It's a short walk to all the major sights. The hosts told us that they spent about a year remodeling the rooms (that's why everything is fairly new and big) and that they officially opened in April 2001. Both Sonia and Alessandro were great hosts. I plan to stay there on my next trip to Florence. Hope this helps!

Old May 19th, 2002, 09:27 AM
MC

I also forgot to mention that their rates are reasonable. We had two adjoining rooms for 4 people and it cost us 290 Euros. With all the personal attention, I thought it was well worth it! Not to mention, they sent us off with a couple of bottles of wine!

Old May 19th, 2002, 03:05 PM
gaye

Phyllis or MC,<BR>Were the adjoining rooms Suite Dante e Beatrice? I was told one of the rooms in this suite has two sofa beds. Were they comfortable? My two sons over 6' will sleep on those. Thanks!

Old May 19th, 2002, 06:04 PM
xxxxx

tttt

Old May 20th, 2002, 03:35 PM
gaye

Phyllis or MC are you there?

Old May 21st, 2002, 11:46 AM
MC

Hi Gaye,<BR>Yes, they were the Dante and Beatrice rooms. The sofa beds were comfortable, but I can't remember how long they were. You may want to check with Sonia at the B&B to see if the sofa beds would accomodate your sons. Sorry I couldn't help more.<BR><BR>MC

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -