Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > B&B in Dublin - Recommendations Please
Notices

B&B in Dublin - Recommendations Please

Sep 2nd, 2003, 04:42 AM
Original Poster

B&B in Dublin - Recommendations Please

I would like the names of about three outstanding B&B's in Dublin that would be on the bus line so we could easily get into the city and back. Can someone tell me how late the bus runs, not that we are late nighters. Going soon and need to make reservations.
Sep 2nd, 2003, 11:58 PM

I can highly recommend the Auburn. It is located in the quiet suburb of Drumcondra. It is a five minute walk to the bus stop where Bus #123 runs every 8 minutes. The latest I took it back was 11 PM.

The website is auburn.ie The owner Pat Kendellen is one of the nicest persons I have ever met in my travels. I recently read an article by someone who paid over $100 a night in the center of Dublin and complained about the noise. At the Auburn it is 36 Euros per person for a double and the neighborhood is very quiet.

I took in a play at the Abbey Theatre (abbeytheatre.ie). Also took day trips to Powerscourt and Glendalough. Well worth it. Also, worth a visit is the Dublin Zoo. I work at the San Diego Zoo and have visited zoos all over the world and I think Dublin has one of the nicest zoos and it is set in an absolutely beautiful park - Phoenix Park.

I had a great time in Ireland- beuatiful country and friendly people. Definitely plan on more visits.

Have fun!

Search this Thread