Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

B&B/Hotel Suggestions Close To Tatton Park and Manchester International Airport?

B&B/Hotel Suggestions Close To Tatton Park and Manchester International Airport?

Mar 26th, 2007, 04:25 PM
Original Poster

We fly into Manchester late (23:15) and leave the next day at 15:30. Based on the good advice of several Fodorites, I have decided that I would like to take my wife to Tatton Park for the morning.

Any suggestions on fairly reasonable hotels/B&Bs close to the airport but not too far from Tatton Park would be appreciated.
Mar 30th, 2007, 03:07 AM

There are a number of Travel Inns and lodges between the airport and Tatton - type in Tatton Park in the location search on www.premiertravelinn.com or seach for Manchester airport or Knutsford on here www.travelodge.co.uk
Mar 30th, 2007, 04:08 AM

I would stay right at a MAN hotel. W/ a 23:15 arrival you will not possibly be on the road until nearly 0100 (by the time you pick up a car)

So I'd just book at hotel right there, and pick up a car the next morning.

http://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/w...chesterAirport
Mar 31st, 2007, 11:11 PM

There are two Premier Travel Inns very close to Manchester Airport - either woud suit your needs.

Be careful with your timings the next day, as parts of Tatton Park don't open until 10am, others 11am... and the House itself doesn't open until 1pm (it's the Park and Gardens which open earlier). Suggest you check the fine detail of opening times on www.nationaltrust.org.uk.

If you're interested in history, an alternative (with the added advantage of being more local) might be to visit Quarry Bank Mill, which opens at 11:00am (the machines run from 12pm). See the National Trust site, or its own website. It won Muesum of the Year a little while back; it's not "Victorian domestic grandeur", rather it's "Manchester's industrial history", but well worth a visit. The weaving shed is worth seeing when the machines are running.
Apr 1st, 2007, 08:19 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for all of the advice. My wife and I have changed out plans so that now we will be flying into London Gatwick and catching a flight out a few hours later.