B&B for 3 - Outside crazy Cote d'Azur

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28th, 2007, 01:33 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will have only 2 days to explore the Cote d'Azur(from Antibes to Monte Carlo)and would prefer to stay outside the tourist frenzy that will be there at the end of July. I found a place (on the Internet for $170 a night)in Vence and was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this as a location to tour from? It seems close enough but what is the real deal for accessing main roads, getting around, parking, etc. We will have our own vehicle.
Old Jul 2nd, 2007, 05:43 PM

Vence is too far away from the areas you want to explore. I'd suggest Villefranche (just east of Nice)or St. Paul de Vence. I stayed at Hotel Flore in Villefranche. It's right off of the main road and it has parking which is a big plus. It's a 10 minute walk downhill to the Villefranche harbor and you're close to major roads going in either direction.

In St. Paul de Vence, I stayed at Le Hameau which may be a little pricier than $170 per night but worth it. It's a B&B/resort with a fabulous pool and a great feeling. The air-conditioning was wonderful during a very hot week last May. St. Paul de Vence (not Vence) was close to Antibes and wouldn't be too far from Monte Carlo although it's not as centrally located as Villefranche.

There were a couple of places in Haut Cagnes that were booked but I might have stayed in that town. It's even closer to the coast.
Old Jul 3rd, 2007, 10:47 AM

I second Le Hameau. We stayed there last June and I thought we had gone to heaven.
Old Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:17 PM

We absolutely love Le Hameau, but I sure wouldn't call it a resort--great pool, but nothing else. Given the chance, though, I'd take the place over just about anything.

The drive down to the coast takes about 20 minutes, and the inn has its own gated parking.
Old Jul 3rd, 2007, 08:50 PM

Underhill is correct that Le Hameau is not a resort. What I meant to say is that Le Hameau is a B&B with more of a resort feel than other B&Bs we stayed at. They all had pools but Le Hameau's had changing rooms, showers, a sauna, pool service and a wonderful infinity pool.
Old Jul 11th, 2007, 08:06 PM

Actually, Le Hameau is a hotel (really a small inn), not a B&B, unless things have changed drastically since we were last there.