Search this Thread

Old Aug 22nd, 2007, 01:32 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B & B Best Vatican Rome

Hi, We have booked a room at:
Bed & Breakfast Best (Vatican)
ADDRESS: Via degli Scipioni 135

Has anyone stayed here? It has great reviews but I am concerned about the location. Any comments on the location? Thanks.
Old Aug 25th, 2007, 10:38 PM

Yes, we stayed there last October, about a month after it opened. What worries you about the location? The location is great. What we did not like was the fact that the promised computer access was not up and running yet. But more than anything I did not like the fact that in none of the entire 2 days we stayed there did we see or meet any of the owners. Everything was done via the sweet young woman who worked there as the maid, cook, bottle-washer, etc. I wrote a letter to the owners when I returned and was not satified with their response to me.
Old Aug 26th, 2007, 03:39 AM

Hi Flame 123,
We also stayed there last October. I didn't realise it had just opened - I thought that was Best Pantheon that had, as we'd read reviews months earlier re Best Vatican. There was a 'sweet young woman' there, but one of the owners made sure we waited on arrival until he'd come and briefed us on the area, restaurants etc. In some ways I would have been happier to just get going as I already knew my way around Rome and it was a lovely day. In another way it was nice to meet him and ask questions re keys etc. We did have computer access in the little common area, which we put to good use.
Old Aug 26th, 2007, 04:23 AM

Suelynne,

You are ABSOLUTELY correct and I apologize profusely. Indeed it was the Best B&B Pantheon which just opened last October and where we stayed. Sorry for the mix-up and thanks for putting it straight !!!
Old Aug 26th, 2007, 06:53 AM

B&B Best Pantheon (which the two previous posters have been talking about) is - obviously - near the Pantheon.

The B&B Best Vatican is - equally obviously - in the Vatican area. Personally, I would find the location on Via degli Scipioni inconvenient, as you would have to take buses or the Metro to anything else you might want to see - and it's not all *that* close to the Vatican Museums or St. Peter's either...