Seville in december

Search

Seville in december

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17th, 2013, 07:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seville in december

I am planning a trip to spain for apprx. 9 days in mid december: 21- 30 des. But have some questions, I hope someone is able to answer those:

1) how will the weather be in dec in seville? I have read it can be rainy or cold in the evening, but coming from a cold country where its usally snow and bitter cold those months, I dont mind chilly nights. Does sun comes out these months in daytime?

2) I am planning to come from granada on the 23rd dec to sevilla and will leave on the 30th. I know Its many days in sevilla, but because of christmas eve and the major sites will closed on the 24th and 25th, I have taken out more days. Does that sounds ok, or is it to many days?
And is it correct that the major attractions will be closed at 24, 25 and will open at 26?

3) what can one do on the 24th and 25th? Are they any restaurants open, other activities?

Thank you very much
Old Jul 18th, 2013, 01:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Past 16 years weather statistics for Sevilla for 21-30 Dec says average daily highs at 63F, five hours sun pr day, and rainfall one out of ten days(wetteronline.de).

About Christmas in Sevilla from a local: http://www.exploreseville.com/events/chris-holiday.htm

No tapas bars will be open on Christmas Eve in Sevilla. Some hotel restaurants will be open. All the major attractions will be open from 26 Dec.

Look out for villancicos (flamenco inspired Christmas songs) in the streets: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ltDBAXXnqI