Hello al Fodorists..
came back from wonderful AVIGNON.
I was enlightened and left Cannes in the morning. arrived Avignon midday and was able to do the Palais des Papes...AMAZING PLACE... it leaves YOU breathless
AND Avignon Bridge... amazing place, weather..I didn't know it was soooo beautiful.. all in that same afternoon! of June 4.
Had I been given the choice between Gordes and Arles.. now that I did both!..I would have chosen GORDES.. wonderful amazing village.. so in the end I did this
And it is better to do 2 half days than one full day to Provence..you do more... Anne was my tour guide for both half days. Left me at the hotel at 2 pm and picked me up 2.30pm
Morning.. Nimes, Uzes and Pont du Gard..enough time for the 3
Afternoon.. Arles, Les Baux de Provence and Saint Paul de Mausolé ..I would have preferred more time at Baux de Provence and do the Carrières de Lumières ..which would have only taken 10 mins to at least have a glimpse ..only 10 minutes that we could have taken out of Arles...
These 2 half days on the same day you can do them with Time4Provence
June 6 morning
Gordes and ROusillon..iT started with the Lavender Museum that I would totally skip or leave for the end if there is time to do it.. and not necessary to stay for the audio!.
This one I did it with Provence-reservation
Both providers pick you up from your hotel, on a very new van for at least 9 passengers.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 2 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 3 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 4 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 5 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 6 Paris November 2017
- 7 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 8 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 9 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 10 Ravenna and Mexico City...who knew?
- 11 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 12 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 13 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 14 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 15 Transportation in Brittany
- 16 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 17 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 18 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 19 Trains - website?
- 20 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 21 First time in Normandy & Brittany
- 22 Trenitalia - lost and found
- 23 Where to stay for Mont Saint-Michel
- 24 Lost property at Fiumicino airport Rome
- 25 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
AVIGNON...AMAZING (France) dont miss it!!
Hello al Fodorists..