I will be in France end of June/beginning of July (as some of you may know from my previous posts ) I will be leaving the Avignon area on July 3rd, to make my way to Lyon to catch my return to NY. I will be leaving the afternoon of the 4th from Lyon, so my plan is to stay there overnight, (arriving in Lyon sometime the afternoon of the 3rd) and see some highlights before heading home. My plan for Wednesday the 3rd is flexible. I will have a car that I'm returning in Lyon, and have no specific time I need to arrive in Lyon on Wednesday ( I would like to see some of the city even if I just walk around Vieux Lyon, get a feel for the city etc.). I was hoping to do a scenic drive to Lyon, but I'm not finding any scenic drives in my online searches. Any suggestions for that last day and a half (Wednesday morning to Thursday afternoon) are welcome. thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 2 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 3 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 4 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 5 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 6 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 7 Paris November 2017
- 8 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 9 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 10 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 11 Ravenna and Mexico City...who knew?
- 12 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 13 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 14 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 15 Transportation in Brittany
- 16 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 17 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 18 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 19 Trains - website?
- 20 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 21 First time in Normandy & Brittany
- 22 Trenitalia - lost and found
- 23 Where to stay for Mont Saint-Michel
- 24 Lost property at Fiumicino airport Rome
- 25 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT