We are going to Rome, Italy in a few weeks and are going to rent an automatic car since we got a great price. An automatic Smart Fortwo is cheaper than manual transmission alternatives. Previous trips we had only rented manual transmission cars since automatic ones were priced much higher, but I did all the driving since my spouse doesn't know how to drive stick. This trip both my spouse and I will take turns driving for a change.
The Thrifty car is 11.70euro/day and the Dollar car is 12.00euro/day. So, they are virtually the same price. Does anyone have any insight as to which agency is better? Any insights as to differences between the two in extra driver fees, different charges for insurance, location at FCO airport, etc.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 2 GTG Paris December 2017
- 3 Tips for first trip to UK
- 4 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 5 Where to stay in Naples?
- 6 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 7 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 8 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 9 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 10 10 days in europe
- 11 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 12 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 13 European honeymoon help needed
- 14 paris to london- day trip
- 15 northern Italy this fall, dolomites and piedmont
- 16 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 17 land vs river cruise
- 18 Portugal
- 19 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 20 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 21 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 22 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 23 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 24 Browsing Barcelona
- 25 Spain December/ January 2018/19