Auto Europe Flights to Paris

Jun 16th, 2004, 11:54 AM
Original Poster

Auto Europe Flights to Paris

now that I have fodorites to thank for my hotel selection, I am turning to you guys again for flights. I have found a flight to Paris in October through Auto Europe for $493 on American. By contrast, Orbitz and the like were quoting me $770. Has anyone used Auto Europe for flights and has it been reliable? I don't want to show up at the airport without seats.

also, does $493 seem reasonable or should I wait until after Labor Day for rates to go down? help is appreciated.
Jun 16th, 2004, 11:59 AM
ira

Hi JS,

From where are you leaving.

If you trust autoeurope for your hotel, why not for your airplane?
Jun 16th, 2004, 12:03 PM

I never used autoeurope for flights, but I have twice for cars, and they seem to have the best rates. Actually, I've never thought of going thru them for flights -- maybe I'll try next time to see their rates.
Jun 16th, 2004, 12:20 PM

I booked a flight from Philadelphia to Paris via Boston on American through AutoEurope last year.

Shortly afterward, American had financial difficulties and cancelled its Boston-Paris route. I was re-routed through Chicago. Despite the fact that the duration of my trip was not going to be all that much longer, I was unhappy about flying two hours west just to fly back over my point of departure (and vice versa on the way back).

So I called AutoEurope, and after a lot of finagaling (along with advice from people on this board), AutoEurope let me off the hook and I was able to cancel my flight and rebook a direct flight with USAirways at a lower price.

This was an American Airlines problem, not an AutoEurope problem. In fact, the AutoEurope folks were quite willing to put me on a British Air flight as a substitute, but my husband balked about flying into Heathrow, which is why we pressed for the third option (direct flight on USAirways).

Jun 16th, 2004, 12:28 PM
Original Poster

Ira, I did not use Auto Europe for my hotel -- I booked that directly with the hotel. I am leaving from Boston and flying direct to Charles de Gaulle. It sounds as though people have had good experiences with auto europe, so i may take the chance, unless i could get a better deal if i waited...?
Jun 16th, 2004, 12:32 PM

It's always such a gamble.

Last year, I booked in January for a May trip. Turns out that prices did go down closer to the date. They probably will for October, too, but there is the old "bird in the hand" saying. . .

So it sounds like the American flight from Boston to Paris has been reinstated, then. Good to know.

Search this Thread