Notices

Austria In Nov first week

Aug 20th, 2016, 12:51 AM
Original Poster

Austria In Nov first week

Hi I want to visit Europe during fall.. But unfortunately can't make it anytime before first week of November..

I would love to visit Austria but not sure how the weather would be and if most places will be closed due to the off season maintenance..

Can someone advice if it's worth a trip? If not Austria I would prefer Sweden.. May be do the northern lights tour and a couple of days on Stockholm..

Please help.me with deciding between these two..

Nithya
Aug 20th, 2016, 05:55 AM

If you want to visit ski resorts in the mountains then yes, probably a lot of places will be closed for refurbishment and updates - and naturally it's too early for skiing. If you are talking about Vienna, Salzburg, Innsbruck or other large towns - no of course everything will be open and very busy, esp with the cultural season well underway.

As for Sweden, it will be a lot more expensive that Austria. Don;t know about northern lights - you would have to check what options are available, but naturally Stockholm is open and busy although the days are very short.
Aug 24th, 2016, 12:39 PM

Grey can be nice but I am not too sure November is a good month in Stockholm unless it's very early November (the first few days) when there still are some autumn leaves to be seen in Djurgården. But it will be fairly dark and possibly quite cold, although most likely no snow. A lot of Christmas decorations will be up and it does cheer things up a bit.

For the northern lights I think Pajala is your best bet. Probably not too nice but it shouldn't be a problem if you are only interested in the sky. I'd hate to be stuck there waiting for the sky to clear up though.

And true, Sweden is more expensive than Austria, at least eating out is.

Search this Thread