August Air-Fare to Europe

Mar 31st, 2002, 05:50 PM
leslie

August Air-Fare to Europe

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has ever had luck getting a good air-fare to Europe during the month of August.

We are traveling to Budapest in August, and I am finding air-fare to be on average about $1,000 from Washington-Dulles.

We generally like to travel either Spring or Fall, but unfortunately, this year, it has to be August. (Which I know is peak travel time for many; hence the high air-fare.)

Just wondering if we should go ahead and purchase tickets now, or if people have had luck in prices dropping the closer the date gets.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Mar 31st, 2002, 07:14 PM
Alice the Magyar

I think you would have found a much better deal if you booked it in January. I was going to go in late July, but had to change my mind as my family in Hungary was going to Prague then. I really wanted to see them too. I was finding fares for about $750.00 From Boston-Budapest in Late January. I wish you the best in finding a good fare now. But one never knows, maybe there will be a sale. Budapest is BEAUTIFUL! I'll be there in about seven weeks! Alice

Mar 31st, 2002, 07:22 PM
xxx

I have absolutely no idea if this will work, but try looking at going from Dulles to London, and then find another flight to Budapest. It's a strategy I've read about on this forum.

Good luck

Mar 31st, 2002, 10:21 PM
Elinor

I found a terrific fare ($726 r/t) last week on orbitz.com from the U.S. West Coast to Amsterdam. The airline websites were quoting $1100 and up.

Apr 1st, 2002, 03:04 AM
Curious

How would you get cheaply onward to Budapest from Amsterdam?

Apr 1st, 2002, 04:30 AM
JoJo

Try Lowestfare.com, they just announced really cheap summer fares to Europe.

Apr 1st, 2002, 07:36 AM
Leilani

Curious, leslie's question was a general one: "I'm wondering if anyone has ever had luck getting a good air-fare to Europe during the month of August." My point was that if I could find a low fare to Amsterdam on Orbitz during the summer high season, maybe she could find one to Budapest.

Search this Thread