Notices

Auberge de Cassagne Hotel, In Provence,

Old Apr 13th, 2001, 01:48 PM
michele

Auberge de Cassagne Hotel, In Provence,

Does anyone know anything about it. It is just outside of Avignon in Le Pontet.

Michele

Old Apr 21st, 2001, 03:33 AM
ELyse

All I know is what I have read on the websites for it, but I think I am going to stay there for 3 nights in May (12-14)- I can let you know how it was if you are thinking of going after me...looks wonderful though, don't you think?

Old Apr 23rd, 2001, 02:47 PM
michele

Dear Elyse,
Please do let me know what you think. Where else are you going?

Michele

Old Apr 23rd, 2001, 02:48 PM
michele

oops-typed wrong email address

Old Apr 23rd, 2001, 03:20 PM
elyse

We are spending the first of our 9 days in the Riviera - staying at a B&B in Tourettes Sur Loupe..it is called Mas du Soleil, and I think it looks adorable and sweet...Then to Provence for three days and I am just trying to confirm a stay at Auberge- then back to one night at Le Cagnard back in the riviera near Nice Airport.

What about you?/

Old Apr 24th, 2001, 04:21 PM
michele

Hi Elyse,
We will be at the Hotel Le Chateau au Domaine St. Martin in Vence for 3 nights, then to either the Auberge de Cassagne for 4 days or Les Frenes outside of Avignon for 3 nights and 1 Night at the Auberge. We couldn't get 4 nights. Michele

Old May 5th, 2001, 09:05 AM
michele

Bon Voyage, Elyse! I will be in Vence 5/17-5/23 and then at the Auberge de Cassagne to the 27th. Perhaps we will overlap.

Michele

Old May 5th, 2001, 03:14 PM
guy

We stayed there in Feb. Beautiful place. Big, gorgeous rooms, ditto for bathrooms. Very fancy dining. Charged us less than half price because it was Feb. and under a bit of construction, which didn't bother us. Hard place to find. Get very good directions.

Old May 5th, 2001, 05:33 PM
michele

Thanks, Guy! Does my husband need to wear a suit & tie for dinner? Also we are coming from Cannes. Do you have directions.

Michele

Old May 6th, 2001, 03:19 AM
guy

Coat and tie aren't required, although many of the local regulars (and their incredibly elegant, sophisticated dogs) do tend to dress up a bit. BTW, after a day of foraging around in Avignon, be sure to sit in front of the fire in the bar room and have a restorative or two. The dark wood, the stone floors, the beams ... all so civilized.

As for directions, I could rumage through my notes, but you might be better off e-mailing and, if possible, get Stefan to assist. He's great.

Old May 6th, 2001, 08:14 AM
Roy Corbett

Guy's comments about finding your way to the Auberge should be taken seriously if you are driving for a late night dinner.
My wife and I had planned to dine there on our recent trip to Avignon but decided against it due to having to drive back at night.
The next day we set out to find it and even then found it difficult to find even though there is bill boards giving directions to its location.
We did not eat there but the Heily- Lucullus in Avignon served a superlative 5 course meal for 500FF with wine but reservations are required as it is a popular spot for those who like fine dining.
Roy

Old May 19th, 2001, 06:13 AM
elyse

OUI OUI on the direction issue-
We had a difficult problem in the middle of the day- and no problem anywhere else for 10 days...go figure...
Our Junior Suite was really nice, except we found it to be a bit hot at night inside, and the AC had not been turned on yet for the season...
We did not have dinner in the restaurant and ate every nite in Avignon, so close to the Auberge...
It was a nice experience, but, we would probably choose a different place for next time.