Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Attention all Paris lovers!!!! November 2005 issue of travel & Leisure magazine (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/attention-all-paris-lovers-november-2005-issue-of-travel-and-leisure-magazine-565125/)

LoriNY Oct 17th, 2005 01:05 PM

Attention all Paris lovers!!!! November 2005 issue of travel & Leisure magazine

I just received the November 2005 issue of Travel and Leisure magazine. And there, on the cover, Best of Paris. Can't wait to dive in..............

JeanneB Oct 17th, 2005 01:14 PM

Woo Hoo! Can't wait. Of course, I usually can't afford any of the "Best of...." listings. But it's fun to browze!

Bailey Oct 17th, 2005 01:43 PM

Yes...yes can't wait!!
It came in the mail today along with National Geographic Traveler magazine....featuring Hidden Venice.
Just perfect...I leave for Paris & Venice at the end of the month!!
((*))

JeanneB Oct 17th, 2005 02:38 PM

You mean the same issue has Venice, too?!

We're heading to Paris/Venice in January. Sounds like a must-read!

LoveItaly Oct 17th, 2005 02:43 PM

Hi JeanneB, Travel & Leisure has the Paris information and National Geographic Traveler has the Venice information. Have a wonderful trip!!

suze Oct 17th, 2005 02:51 PM

I can't afford ANYthing in T+L, best of, worst of, or otherwise... but that doesn't stop me from lovin' the magazine!

francophile03 Oct 17th, 2005 03:31 PM

Merci beaucoup! You made my afternoon so much better! I can't wait for my issue to arrive.

grandmere Oct 17th, 2005 05:30 PM

I just subscribed 3 days ago; hope they send me a Nov. issue!

Madison Oct 17th, 2005 05:33 PM

Lori - Thanks for sharing with us. I can't wait to get my Nov. copy of Travel & Leisure. Anything Paris makes me smile.

Woody Oct 18th, 2005 12:27 PM

Perfect timing! We leave for Venice and Paris in November.

Woody

elaine Oct 18th, 2005 12:44 PM

I found that I was pretty disappointed with the Venice article in NG Traveler.
There was nothing I read that couldn't be found in a good guidebook, except perhaps for the 2nd floor art restoration area of the Museo Diocesano.
I like that little museum, didn't know about what's upstairs, though I couldn't quite tell if there is always access allowed to it.

francophile03 Oct 18th, 2005 12:49 PM

I checked at T & L online and took a small glance at the Paris article. The hotels the author feature are pretty expensive choices.

elaine Oct 18th, 2005 12:52 PM

T & L is owned by American Express I believe, and even if it isn't, I've never thought their recommendations to be economical. Pretty pictures though, usually.

LoveItaly Oct 18th, 2005 12:58 PM

I have stopped subscribing to all travel magazines. My CondeNast subscription is running out after the 1st of next year I believe. One would basically need to win the lottery to afford most of the places they profile.

Since discovering Fodor's I find that I am really bored with travel magazines. I even find that several of our Fodorites write trip reports that are so much more interesting then the average travel writer for the magazines.

Mincepie Oct 18th, 2005 01:01 PM

I agree LoveItaly!

elaine Oct 18th, 2005 01:01 PM

Yes, I've dropped travel magazines over the years, and won't be renewing NG Traveler.
I still love International Travel News though, read it cover to cover. It's like a message board, in hard copy, mostly articles and hotel recommendations written by readers, printed on newsprint.