ATMs at Gatwick Airport in London?

Old Mar 1st, 2000, 05:57 PM
Leigh

ATMs at Gatwick Airport in London?

I am flying to London on March 22 and would like to buy pounds from an ATM when I arrive at Gatwick Airport. That way I won't have to exchange dollars at a bank and pay a commission fee. But I will need cash as soon as I arrive since I will have to tip the shuttle driver going to the hotel. Does anyone know if there is an ATM at Gatwick?

Old Mar 1st, 2000, 06:07 PM
kim

I believe there is an ATM at Gatwick but
can't remember for sure. There is definitely a place at the airport to change money which, of course, probably will charge commission. It might be better than nothing. We actually bought about 100 dollars worth of pounds from our bank before we left the U.S. It was enough to get us started with such things and helped us avoid the "searching for money" problem altogether. Have fun!

Old Mar 1st, 2000, 06:18 PM
Linda

There is definitely an ATM in Gatwick. I believe it is in the North terminal, however.

Old Mar 2nd, 2000, 06:14 AM
Brian in Atlanta

Arriving on Delta, we found an ATM as we were walking to the train to the main terminal to catch the Gatwick Express (highly recommended) into town. It's on the right. Sorry I can't be more specific.

Old Mar 2nd, 2000, 02:05 PM
Lid

Don't know which system your ATM card is but if you check visa.com (for Plus) or mastercard.com (for Cirrus) you can search for ATM's anywhere in the world