Luxury Accomodation around Spain

Old Oct 3rd, 2005, 03:13 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Luxury Accomodation around Spain

Ola! We are based in Madrid and my husband travels around a lot for business. I am hoping to be able to join him on some of this travels to Bilbao, A Coruña, Mallorca, Malaga, Seville, Granada and Ibiza (already done Valencia, Barcelona and Zaragoza thanks to the forum)
What are your recommendations for luxury but not corporate accomodation, centrally located, possibly more boutique style with good facilities
Old Oct 4th, 2005, 09:15 AM

Though this isn't my style of travel (lux), I have heard nothing but good things about the Parador near the Alhambra in Granada. Better book ahead from what I understand.
Old Oct 4th, 2005, 05:09 PM

In Ibiza there are no " Luxury" hotels bur Los Molionos Hotel is close to everything and has a great view of the sea. To see pics go to www.thbhotels.com.
Old Oct 4th, 2005, 05:46 PM

For Seville - Alfonso XIII.
Old Oct 6th, 2005, 12:24 AM

For luxury in Bilbao you should check out the Silken Gran Hotel Domine Bilbao, it's the top of the class. For a more boutique style hotel, there is the Hotel Miro just down the street from the GHDB. In Getxo you'll find the Hotel Embarcadero overlooking the bay. Ask for room #11.

The Casa Grande Fontao in Andrade and Casa Donano in Vilela are worth a look for something in the vicinity of La Coruña. In La Coruña itself is Pesqueria del Tambre with 16 rooms in a group of 5 stone houses.

For pure luxury in (outside) of Sevilla, there is the 5-star Hacienda Benazuza, an el Bulli Hotel (http://www.elbullihotel.com/).
Old Oct 6th, 2005, 03:28 AM

Hi,
There is a series of French guides published by Rivage called "Hôtels de charme" (charming hotels) which list luxury/charming (often boutique style) hotels and B&Bs throughout France, Spain, Italy and Morocco. You can search for hotels by destination on the website: www.guidesdecharme.com

I've used the site a lot for French hotels/B&Bs/chateaux and have found it very reliable, with lots of gorgeous properties listed. The guide claims to check out all the properties listed, so it's not just a hotel booking service.

Not sure how good it is for Spain, but it might be worth a look.
Old Oct 6th, 2005, 03:44 AM

Also check the site and/or guide to Relais and Chateau hotels They are wonderful mostly luxury properties though often outside the city rather than directly in downtowns.