Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Athens Tour (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/athens-tour-703379/)

blackjenmay May 7th, 2007 10:48 PM

Athens Tour

I would like to do a private tour of Athens just to see the major sites - arrive 30 June at 2pm and leave early the next morning for Ios. I have been told of a driver called Jordan who has his own website. Has anyone used him or heard of anyone else who would pick up at airport, do the tour and drop off at hotel?

brotherleelove2004 May 8th, 2007 12:04 AM

Are you sure you don't mean George instead of Jordan?

http://www.greecetravel.com/taxi/

hazardnc May 11th, 2007 05:20 AM

brotheleelove,
have you used George for an Athens tour? We typically like to use a good guide for at least a 1/2 day in a new city to get our bearings.

brotherleelove2004 May 11th, 2007 08:50 AM

No, I haven't used him, I'm just aware of his long-standing excellent reputation.

chepar May 11th, 2007 09:26 AM

Jordan's website is www.athens-tours.gr

We used his services over several days last June - he provided transfer services from the ferry to our hotel and our hotel to the airport.

We also booked a private tour to Delphi with him, and it was wonderful. It was completely at our own pace and Jordan was most accommodating with any requests - he even made a detour to a supermarket to help my dad purchase some good olive oil.

We stopped at this roadside taverna to eat the best meal we had during our time in Greece - my daughter still talks about the cheese pie.

I had heard of George, but Jordan's prices were a little better. I plan to one day return to Athens and would definitely use Jordan's services again.

chrisant921 Jun 4th, 2007 07:39 AM

How much were Jordan's tours, on average? Say, for a day tour of Athens?

Marinos2006 Jun 5th, 2007 06:40 PM

I used Takis Kandylas last September for a 6 day tour of the Peloponnese. He assisted me in finding my Grandfather's village. He spoke excellent English, was most informative and energetic, and treated me as if I were his 1st and only customer. He made sure that I experienced a most traditional Greece, rather than just the tourist traps. He will do transfer from the airport to your hotel, and back, and does tours of Athens for 30 Euro an hour. He will plan it for you or do exactly what you wish. You can contact him at
[email protected]
for his tours of Greece, including Delphi, Meteora, Corinth,etc. and prices.

I also used Jordan, and he was also very accommodating.

Please note that they can take you to the site and tell you about it, but they cannot go in with you and personally give you a tour.

samtraveler Jun 5th, 2007 09:05 PM

chrisant921, not a tour of Athens, but to give you an idea of pricing for Jordan . . . for a full day tour from Athens 8am first visiting the Corinth Canal, then onto Epidavros, then to Mycenea dropping us off at our hotel in Nafplio 6pm he was charging about 200 euros. I think you'll find him very responsive to quote requests if you want to just email him yourself and ask what he would charge you.

loves_to_travel Jul 12th, 2007 07:08 PM

We also used Jordan while we were in Greece. He took care of us for 4 days. The first day he showed us Athens and Cape Sounion. We wanted to stop and swim on the way and he made sure that we did. The next day he picked us up from the ship and took us the Delphi and then to Meteora. We spent the night in Meteora and saw the monasteries the next morning before heading back to Athens. The next day we went to the Corinth Canal, the ancient city of Corinth and other places in the Argolis. He took us to wonderful small restaurants, a winery and any other place that we wanted to go. He even took us home to meet his family. We enjoyed his tours very much and felt his prices were good.

greekgrant Jul 13th, 2007 06:41 AM

Recently returned from Athens and used George the Taxi Driver service. We had one of his partner's sons, Dimitrious, who was wonderful. Enjoy!