Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Athens International airport domestic connections

Old Jun 6th, 2021, 03:49 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I Have a Trip coming up to Greece next Month of July 2021, When I leave on the airplane from Santorini to Mykonos I have a connecting flight of 55 Minutes. I am a little concerned because I dont know How the airport is in Athens when it comes to a connecting flight. The first flight is from Olympic air and connecting on Aegean Airlines. I am considering changing this flight and hoping to find a flight with sufficient time with connection. I would like to know if anyone here has domestic connections at this airport or had any bad experience. I feel That I should change this flight. I am seriously considering this. Any info would help.

Thanks,
Old Jun 6th, 2021, 04:58 PM

There's nothing to be concerned about. If you have luggage to check it will be done automatically. Aegean and Olympic are the same company, so your connection will go smoothly. The Athens Airport is "user-friendly". It's not overwhelmingly large. and easy to navigate.
Old Jun 6th, 2021, 10:54 PM

Do you mean you will be flying from Santorini with a connecting flight in Athens to Mykonos? Aegean Airlines has a Connection Ambassador who will meet you as you leave the flight at Athens and guide you to the connecting flight.

https://aegeanairlines.custhelp.com/...dentify-him%3F

You would get to Mykonos quicker if you took a highspeed ferry from Santorini. There are about six daily ferries on that route in July, and the largest and fastest ferry, Worldchampion Jet, takes only 2hrs 5min.

Last edited by Heimdall; Jun 6th, 2021 at 10:58 PM.