Reload this Page >

Athens Hotel near Plaka and Acropolis?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 08:12 AM
cb

My finace and I will be in Santorini for almost two weeks (getting married there and planning on serious relaxation) and we decided to head back to California two nights early to stay in Athens. I realize we'll just be getting a taste of Athens, but we plan to see the Acropolis and wander around the Plaka area. I have read several positive reviews on this board for the Electra Palace. I found a price of 190E a little more expensive through the hotel directly than through Fantasy Travel (175E). Can anyone recommend any other nice (although not extravagant)hotels in the area? Has anyone booked through Fantasy Travel or anyone comparable--any good, trustworthy travel websites you have used?<BR>Any assistance would be most appreciated! Thanks.

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 08:35 AM

ttt

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 09:13 AM
rita

Take a look at the Herodian Hotel. It is located about three blocks from the Plaka and two blocks from the entrance to the Acropolis. It is a nice clean three star with air conditioning, breakfast, and a great roof top view of the Acropolis. Last time I stayed there the rate for a double was $95 US. In my opinion it is good value for Athens.

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 09:21 AM
bobbie

We stayed at Acropolis View which we had heard about on this website. Nice place, clean with private bath, helpful front desk, plentiful breakfast, wonderful roof terrace to view the Acropolis light show at night. We contacted them directly over the internet as I recall and would return without hesitation. Congratualtions!! You will LOVE Santorini!

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 09:49 AM
Sue

We used Fantasy Travel for our hotels on Santorini and Mykonos, but booked outselves in Acropolis View Hotel in Athens. Fantasy Travel hotels were a cut above AVH, and that was fun, but have stayed at AVH 3 times in Athens and heartily recommend for location, friendliness of staff, and price! I'd use Fantasy again for island pkgs, too.

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 01:30 PM
cb

Thanks so much for the info! Acropolis View Hotel sounds great for the money. While we have not finalized our budget, what if we're looking to spend a little more? Any suggestions? any nice hotels with a pool?<BR>Thanks, CB

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 01:57 PM
Surlok

Other nice hotels are the Divani Accropolis and Divani Caravel. There's also the Royal Olympic hotel, close to Plaka, it's said to be a 4 stars, because it has a restaurant and pool, but in fact, it's a 3 stars with a pool. It's not bad, and it's cheaper than the other hotels.<BR><BR>For more reasonable rates, check:<BR><BR>http://www.travel-designers.gr/hotels/hotels.asp?location_ch=Athens<BR><BR>However, the bookings are pre paid.<BR><BR>I hope it helps,<BR><BR>Surlok<BR><BR>

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 09:15 AM
Rachel

Stayed at the Divani Acropolis last summer for reasonable rates. Nothing luxurious, but clean and worked just fine for two nights in Athens. Walking distance to Acropolis and Plaka.