Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

ATH-Santorini Flight - OK to Buy Day Before

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 10:20 AM
Josephine

We are arriving in Athens and are flying to Santorini the next day. Is it wise to buy now and suffer the inflexibility or can we buy the day before? We are going May 31st. Thanks

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 12:41 PM
Sue

Others may disagree, but I wouldn't take the chance unless you don't mind possibility of not leaving on your chosen day; anytime I've flown among the islands, the plane was full. I've always made my reservations from back home.

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 01:00 PM
Anna

I would definitely buy now, you may get there and have all of the flights sold out for the day you want to go, then you'd be stuck in Athens. The flights we flew on were all full in early June of last year.

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 03:45 PM
Erica B

Adding to comments above, I booked my inter-island air 2 months before my trip (second week of May) and first choice flights were already sold out. Book early!

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 07:20 PM
Diane

I agree that you should buy early as the flights do fill. If you have flexibility, I guess you could wait. When I was there last time it was mid-May. We had booked our seats many months ahead. There were people on our flight who booked the same day. I still felt better knowing I had reservations as time is critical for me.