Aster House - South Kensington, London

Oct 1st, 2001, 04:20 PM
JOdy

Aster House - South Kensington, London

well there did not seem to be aquestion in your post but I will answer anyway. We have stayed there for years and years and years and it just keeps getting better and better. The rooms are various sizes, lovely baths though small in the regular rooms, and absolutly the cleanest place you will ever stay in. Imn fact we are going there in the 27th of October for a week.
Leone and simon the resident managers are delightful. The orangerie breakfast room so pleasant and there is a nice seating area for other times of the day. The garden with the ducks is a treasure in the heart of the city.
If you have any other questions email me. I know it's not cheap but we love it and would never stay anywhere else.
Also the area is SO convenient , you can walk to so many places, underground is less tha 3 min walk, we hardly ever take a taxi or subway at night just walk to numerous good restaurants of all price ranges. even GOOD pubs nearby. Most of the people who stay there have been coming back time and time again. Think that says something for a place.

Oct 1st, 2001, 04:21 PM
JOdy

This is weird , there was a post, with no mesage so I replied anyway and now it looks like I posted, Hope whoever typed the original posting sees this!!!!!

Oct 1st, 2001, 05:07 PM
John

I saw this message on Rick Steve's website:

Aster House, London - Uncommon Valor

Just a quick note of thanks (and a enthusiastic recommendation) to the folks at Aster House London. During the terrible events of this past week, Simon Tan and family were absolutely fabulous and more than accomodating to those of us who were stuck over there. They bent over backwards to shuffle their schedules and extend our room stays at a time when finding accomodation in London was nearly impossible. I can't say enough about this place. While it's one of Rick's recommendations, I don't think any guidebook can stress how extraordinarily kind the owners are, and how much they helped make a difficult week almost bearable. Many thanks to Simon and family. I've stayed in London many many times, but I cannot imagine staying anywhere else after the stellar performance of Astor House.
Cagey <email>
SM, CA USA 09/19/01

Oct 1st, 2001, 05:31 PM
Diane

We just saw an episode of RS where he stayed at the Aster House. It does look delightful -- what is the price per night in US$ these days? We'll need someplace to stay for a week in London next April...

Oct 1st, 2001, 05:35 PM
JOdy

Hi diane,

Here's their website.

http://welcome2london.com/asterhouse/

Oct 2nd, 2001, 05:40 AM
topper

ttt