My husband and I would like to babymoon/1st anniversary around Western Europe in June. We were thinking of leaving Hawaii on the 1st and leaving Europe around the 18th. We would like to fly roundtrip out of London (LHR).
We have experience traveling in Japan, but I think Europe might be a different animal.
Because it's our first trip, we aren't looking to do anything too ambitious. We'd like to stay in the following cities:
MAYBE somewhere in the Swiss Alps (but I honestly don't know enough about the Alps to say what city)
Somewhere in Italy (Rome? That seems to be the most popular destination.)
WIth travel time from Hawaii, we probably won't even be in London until June 3, so we're looking at 15 or 16 days.
The problem is, I'm not really sure of the best way to get to and from these cities. In Japan, you get the railpass and you're done for the entire country, but I've been reading conflicting information online about rail vs discount airlines when it comes to Europe.
I'm sure we'll be using the local trains/busses within each city we visit (will the railpass be beneficial there?)
In addition, when it comes to areas like the Alps or Italy, I'm not exactly sure where to go.
We like to sightsee, eat, and people watch. I'm thinking we'll definitely fly from Rome back to London before heading home.
Please lend me your experience and advice in terms of making this happen
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 2 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 3 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 4 Paris Apartment
- 5 Chinese new year festivities in Paris
- 6 Milan airport--which one
- 7 Which Area in London?
- 8 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 9 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 10 Visit to France
- 11 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 12 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 13 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 14 family trip to Germany and more
- 15 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 16 Trains - website?
- 17 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 18 Barcelona to Malaga
- 19 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 20 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 21 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 22 1st time to Europe
- 23 Paris November 2017
- 24 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 25 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!