Assisi to Gubbio by Public Transportation

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5th, 2022, 07:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The best I can determine is to take Trenitalia from Assisi to Perugia, then busitalia from Perugia to Gubbio. I understand in the busitalia timetables that FLS is the daily Monday to Saturday schedule.
Is FE only holidays or does it include Sundays? Are there better options that I have not considered?
Old Mar 5th, 2022, 01:52 PM
Forum Moderator

Moved from Tech Support to Europe
Old Mar 5th, 2022, 02:51 PM

Check rome2rio to see if there are any other alternatives. They don't have every route everywhere but they have a lot. Click through to the transport providers website for accurate timetables.
Old Mar 5th, 2022, 04:19 PM

Are you currently in Assisi, Floridacouple? In general buses are very localized and timed for school and commuter.. My husband and I took a bus from Perugia to Gubbio. It took about an hour. Here's the bus schedule from a Google search:
https://www.rome2rio.com/map/Perugia/Gubbio#r/Bus/s/0
Get an early train from Assisi to catch the early bus.

Do check with your hotel or tourist agency as my info is old and based on one trip.

Last edited by TDudette; Mar 5th, 2022 at 04:41 PM.
Old Mar 6th, 2022, 07:24 AM

Assisi trains at station

I booked trains from Assisi to Paris awhile ago, and missed the Assisi train, first leg of my trip, because it was a BUS that left from the front outside! It was very early & no train reps were there. The departure time showed on the monitor, but never with a track #. I kept looking & looking for the train, until it disappeared from the monitor. Thankfully, there were very helpful people around who looked on their phones & I was able to get another train, & the conductors let me on w/o a ticket to the next stop, where I could catch another train ... & keep to my schedule. When I bought the ticket at the train station originally (not in Assisi), no one told me it was a bus! Ask questions!
Old Mar 7th, 2022, 07:51 AM
Original Poster

Thanks all. Currently in the US, planning my trip to Italy in June. I have been using Rome2Rio which got me to the busitalia umbra site, to use for the bus from Perugia to Gubbio. The current timetables are in effect until June 9. When trying to interpret the timetables, I understand FLS= daily Monday to Saturday.

What I have a problem with is FE. FE translates to holiday but is this truly only (Italian) holidays or is it holidays and Sunday?

Never hurts to ask questions - last year the desk person in our hotel in Cortona gave us bus/train schedule to Castiglione del Lago. Unfortunately for us he gave us weekday bus schedule for return bus ride from the train station to the town and this was a Sunday. When we arrived back to the train station, it was a 4 hour wait for the next bus up to the town and not a taxi in sight and no phones. A kind gentleman went out of his way to drive us up and refused to take any Euro for his trouble. Blessings upon him and his family.
Old Mar 7th, 2022, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Floridacouple
Thanks all. Currently in the US, planning my trip to Italy in June. I have been using Rome2Rio which got me to the busitalia umbra site, to use for the bus from Perugia to Gubbio. The current timetables are in effect until June 9. When trying to interpret the timetables, I understand FLS= daily Monday to Saturday.

What I have a problem with is FE. FE translates to holiday but is this truly only (Italian) holidays or is it holidays and Sunday?
In Italy, the term "holidays" (festivi) always includes Sundays. The only thing that puzzles me is that the Italian term for non-holidays (feriali) also starts with FE. Usually on bus schedules, an abbreviation that's less ambiguous is used. The FLS is surely "feriali luned́ a sabato", which would mean non holidays Monday through Saturday.

I looked on the Bus Umbra site, and I see that FE is defined in a note at the bottom of the page, and it does mean "festivo", which would be Sundays and holidays.