Ash disruption

Apr 26th, 2010, 01:47 AM
Original Poster

Ash disruption

Booked a return flight on Ryanair U.K. to Ireland. Had to take the ferry on outward journey due to the flight cancelation for the ash.Can I claim for the ferry expences and fuel for the car on the outward part of the trip?.I returned on the flight as booked .
Apr 26th, 2010, 02:35 AM

I'd put in a claim and see what happens. You should get the price of the airfare back, and at best you'll get your other expenses back, and at worst you won't.

I wouldn't hold out too high hopes of getting it back though -Ryanair are being very strict in interpreting European law on this subject, but unless you put in a claim you'll never know.
Apr 26th, 2010, 02:43 AM

My understanding is that you will get a full refund for your cancelled flight. Michael O'Leary initially said he would not pay for accommodation and food for people stranded in various airports overseas but he has since, reluctantly agreed to pay up or he would be breaking European law.

As your initial flight was cancelled my understanding is you are not entitled to any compensation as you hadn't commenced your journey. According to European Law the airline has to pay for accommodation and food only if the passengers are stranded in another country or city, having commenced their journey and are unable to get home.

Search this Thread